Few months back, I visited India and tasted different Indian cuisines. I spent good time in Keral and tried different dishes of the place like dosa, idli, utpam etc.
Idli, an easy to cook and healthy meal, really appealed me. I am sharing this delicious recipe with you. If you want taste with health, stuffed idli is a nice option for you!
Time: 15-20 mins.
For Idli Batter:
* Suji( a granulated Indian wheat) -2 cups
* Curd – one cup
* Baking powder – half teaspoon
* Salt (to taste)
* Red chilly powder(to taste)
* Green chilly
* Coriander leaves
Steps to Prepare Idli Batter
* Mix Curd in Suji and make a paste.
* Add salt and red chilly powder according to taste.
* Add half tea spoon baking powder.
Steps to make Idli Stuffing
* Chop potatoes, onions and green chilies.
* Take a frying pan and put some oil in it.
* Deep fry these chopped vegetables for about 5 minutes.
* Garnish the stuffing with coriander leaves.
* Grease the stand with oil and put a tablespoon of batter.
* Put stuffing on the batter.
* Again put a layer of batter on the stuffing.
* Bake in microwave for 3-4 minutes.
* Serve hot with ketchup.
Taste this meal. You will really enjoy it!