Snacking time is the favorite time of children, young and old alike. It is because there are number of lip smacking delicacies to be savored this time. With the desire to gobble up different kinds of delicacies, most of the time people tend to consume unhealthy or calorie rich food. This makes them gain weight and starts other problems too.
Imagine how great it will be if the preferred delicacies like burger (in fact, the most preferred one) are healthy that can satiate your taste buds and prove healthy to you. Here is a healthy Sautéed Onion Veg Burger recipe suited for every age that will make you relish the taste without worrying for calorie or your health.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. steak sauce
- 1 cup fresh leaves of baby spinach
- 3 cups of thinly sliced halved sweet onion
- 4 ½ inch slices of toasted ciabatta bread
- 4 frozen or refrigerated vegetable burger
- Pour olive oil in a skillet and heat it.
- Add slices of onion and cook for eight to ten minutes or till onion slices become soft. Stir frequently in the process.
- Prepare burgers as per the instructions for microwave cooking given on the burger packages.
- Take a small bowl and mix mustard and mayonnaise in it. Spread this mixture on each bread slice’s one side.
- Place burger and spinach on the burger.
- Mix steak sauce in cooked onions and stir the mixture once. Place this onion mixture on burgers.
The open faced and low carb burger is now ready. It makes for a tasty snack due to the ingredients used in it. This is a tasty preparation and everyone likes it.