During my tour to Fiji, I love the place and its food. Fiji is located in the Pacific Ocean. Not only Australian, but also many Chinese and Indians have made Fiji their home. In Fiji culture, you can experience a perfect blend of these countries. In my tour, I tested a wide variety of food of this tropical destination with rich Chinese and Indian food.
There many hotels and restaurant in the destination to make your journey pleasant here. But the taste reminds me about Fiji all the time is Fijian Indian fish curry. I love the recipe and I have to say it is the best fish curry I have ever eaten. The curry taste is magnificent and the aroma will surely force you to try it. My crave for the fish curry have taught me how to cook it at my home. Now, once in a week, I love to eat this with rice. Both are the perfect combination to quench my crave.
Let’s know how to cook fish curry.
- 1 lb fish
- 2 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 quill of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 3 chilies, chopped
- Garam Masala ( readily available in the grocery market)
- The dish will take not more than 45 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to prepare the ingredients.
- First, heat the oil and add 1 quill of cinnamon , chopped onion to fry until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, you need to add the minced garlic cloves and chilies to the pan to fry for another 1 minute.
- While you are sautéing the ingredients in the pan, there is a need to take a small bowl to combine turmeric and garam masala together and pour a cup of water to the mixture. It makes the taste of curry good to better. The soaking ingredients will fry easily. Let the paste for 1 minute and add it to the pan and stir the mixture well.
- Mush the cup of tomato with your hands and add it to the pan. Fry the mixture for at least 5-7 minutes until the color of the mixture is changed. It will change into golden brown.
- Now add water to the mixture to prepare a dense curry. After 10 minutes, you need to add the fish to the curry and let it boil for 10 minutes. The fish is easily cooked. You can have the recipe with rice.