Cabidela is also known as arroz de cabidela is a Portuguese dish made with rabbit or chicken. Once the rabbit or chicken is killed, it is hung upside-down, so blood drains out. It is an excellent dish to serve at lunch and dinner. The rice is steamed with meat and the blood of the chicken turns the dish color grey. This is a pet dish of Macau as well.
Here you go…
Image Credit Goes to alexandriaruthk.hubpages.com
- rabbit or chicken
- 200 ml + or – rabbit or chicken blood
- 100 ml brandy
- 500 ml of red wine
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 100 ml olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- bay leaf
- rabit stock or chicken cube boullion
- medium onions
- cloves garlic
- Freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato paste
- Prepare the stock and for this use bone of chicken or rabbit.
- Mix the drained blood with vinegar and stir the mixture briefly. Place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is used.
- Season the chicken or rabbit pieces with salt, garlic, tomato puree red wind and bay leaf.
- Leave the seasoned chicken pieces for 2 hours to marinate.
- Now take a deep-pan and pour one tablespoon lard and olive oil to fry onion.
- When the onion turns golden brown, add the marinated chicken or rabbit to the pan and fry it until it turns brown.
- Now, simmer the heat and add the brandy and the broth.
- Cook the meat until it becomes soft.
- Add the blood blended vinegar and boil it again in simmer heat for approximately 3 minutes.Now, Portuguese dish is ready to serve with rice.